Guide to buying a property
Tip 1: CHOOSE AN AGENCY IN THE AREA WHERE YOU WANT TO BUY REAL ESTATE
The local agency certainly has the best insight into the real estate offer and knows the locals well, and can thus provide much more information than an agency in another county. At an agency meeting, you can get complete real estate information, saving you the time you would otherwise spend on touring inadequate real estate. The agency has a wide offer, but also proven documentation for the real estate it offers. When choosing an agency, it should be noted that it is a licensed agency that is registered in the registry of intermediaries with the Croatian Chamber of Economy, as well as that it has an agreed insurance policy, thus giving complete legal certainty.
Tip 2: PREPARE YOUR OWN FINANCIAL STRUCTURE
Before you decide to buy, you need to determine your financial options. If you decide to make a purchase through a loan, you should make a preliminary interview with the bank where you will agree on the basic terms of the loan. You should definitely count on any additional costs you might incur if you decide to buy a loan (processing a bank-dependent loan, solemnizing the loan agreement, making a real estate appraisal, and possibly some additional statements if required by the bank).
- Tip: DO NOT LOSE YOUR HOPE IF YOU DO NOT FIND YOUR REAL ESTATE NOW
It is our recommendation that you do not engage in this process without a mediator, because with the help of professionals who are familiar with the offer on the market as well as the buying procedure, this phase will be less stressful and easier for you. The mediators are also there to protect you legally and to be with you throughout the process. There are several things to define:
• LOCATION - This is a matter of personal choice, but often the most important criterion for buying a property. Infrastructure, traffic, environment, amenities are all criteria that influence the decision to buy a property,
• SCHEDULE - The layout and size of the rooms in the apartment should be tailored to your needs,
• POSITION - Orientation and number of floors. It depends on how much the apartment will have lights, views, noise, and
• QUALITY / PRICE RATIO - You have to pay attention to the price / quality ratio, that is, whether you can get quality for the price you give, or the best you can get for the money you have available.
- Tip: GIVE A OFFER
When you find a property you like and are willing to buy, and if you are not ready to accept the asking price, you can submit your written offer. The agent will convey the same to the owner and negotiate the best possible price.
Tip 5: MAKE SURE THAT THE OFFER YOU MAKE IS REAL AND FEASIBLE FOR YOU
When both parties agree on a price, a pre-contract / contract should be prepared. After the agreement has been agreed, the term of the signature is agreed.
- Tip: SIGNATURE OF SALE AGREEMENT AND CERTIFICATE WITH NOTICE
The signing of the pre-contract / contract happens when all the conditions are agreed and confirmed. By signing it and paying the down payment (the usual amount is 10% of the sale price) to the seller's account, the buying and selling process begins. If the property is purchased with a loan, the signed pre-contract is submitted to the bank, as well as the real estate appraisal and other supporting documentation. After approval of the loan by the bank, solemnization with the notary public, and signature of the purchase contract, it is necessary to enter the mortgage in the land registers. Upon registration, the bank disburses the loan.
- Tip: APPLY IMMEDIATELY RELEASE IMMEDIATELY WITH THE PUBLIC NOTICE NOW
The right of ownership of the real estate is acquired by registration in the land registers on the basis of the purchase contract. The proposal shall be submitted to the land registry department of the municipal court having jurisdiction over the place where the real property is located in person or immediately filed by a notary public. Real estate sales tax in Croatia is 3%, and it is the obligation of the notary to report it.
- Tip: MAKE A TRANSMISSION RECORD ON PROPERTY TRANSFER
Once the money has been deposited into the owner's account, he will hand you the keys. The agent will help you make a handover and prepare a handover record that will record the status of the meter, which will switch overhead to the name of the new owner.